Melissa gave me an award! I am so honored!
The Geek Girls Unite Award!
[For girls who are proud to be geeks.]
[Isn't it awesome? And SPARKLY?]
And here are the rules:
List ten geeky facts about yourself and…
Pass this award onto your favorite female geeks!
That’s all you need to do!
- 10 Geeky Facts About Caity
- I use digg as my primary news source. I have been a member of the site since 2005 when it first opened as Kevin Rose’s precious new pet as I watched him promote it after gaining my girl crush for him on The Screen Savers, the coolest TV show ever. Who remembers Tech TV? I miss it dearly for it isn’t what it was. G4, I hate you.
- I have various awesome geeky tshirts including ones that include but are not limited to: “I’m a super duper programmer,” “Nintendo,” “I steal music off the internet,” and my ever coveted World of Warcraft green linen shirt.
- Coupled with my awesome tshirts, I have a bumper sticker that says, “I steal music off the internet.”
- I did extra credit in school for FUN and drove my teachers nuts when I already had straight A’s. What’s geekier than that? I also carried around a pencil case full of about 30-50 pens, insisting I needed them all with me at all times in case I needed them, and color coded my notes.
- I own a brand new Amazon Kindle which I received for my birthday. Within my first day, I downloaded over 70 books I wanted to read. I have read three large books already. I’m already planning more books to put on my Kindle. MUST. DEVOUR. EVERY. BOOK. EVER. WRITTEN. My birthday was only 10 days ago.
- World of Warcraft stole my soul for over 3 years. I had a max level character of every class. Also, I met my husband playing World of Warcraft. That’s some geekery right there. At least we didn’t have a World of Warcraft wedding. We don’t play anymore, either.
- We named our cat after Josh’s World of Warcraft character.
- I double majored in math and computer science and love calculus.
- I subscribe to so many RSS feeds that there are almost 100 waiting for me each day now. Those are only the personal blogs, too.
- I am addicted to lists and have 3 little moleskine journals in my purse where I make lists for different occasions, a lot of which are for my little online things. This list also brought me great joy.
I shall give this award to Dez! :)