I’m getting really sick of my summer break. I am one of those people who doesn’t do very well without something to do. I miss work. I love my job. I miss my coworkers and my students. Josh had a few weeks off and we got to actually go a few places but now he’s back at work too. I’ll give you an example of how I cope with being cooped up.
- Things I planned to do on my summer break:
- Read 10 books! Or more! There are so many books I want to read!
- Make lots of hemp jewelry.
- Take lots of pictures and work on my (nonexistant) photography skills.
- Get lots of schoolwork done. What else do teachers do on summer break?
- Spring cleaning! Clean my whole house!
- Do lots of exercise and eat healthy.
- Go on some nature walks and take pictures.
- Bike rides.
- Probably heaps of other productive things that I’ve forgotten about.
- Things I actually did on my summer break:
- Read 2 books.
- Do a little bit of school work.
- Play lots of games on my iPhone.
- Discover and become addicted to Spotify.
- Refresh Facebook and Reddit.
- Exercise a bit. The healthy eating is going alright, though.
So besides kickstart my healthy habits (which I suppose I should give myself a bit of credit for – I’ve even lost 4 pounds) I really didn’t do anything. I’m starting to go a bit stir crazy here. I still have until the 30th of January until I go back into work (but luckily I have a parent meeting that Monday so I can pretend it starts before then).
Granted, I could solve all my problems by just stopping the complaining and just looking up to my first list, picking something, and doing it.
If you want, you can solve some of my problems by playing smartphone games with me. You can find me on most games under the username caitysparkles.