101 in 1001
I’m currently participating in a Day Zero Project. I have set myself 101 goals that I plan to accomplish in 1001 days. That’s approximately 2.75 years. Many people like to create lists of goals for themselves and allowing for a few seasons to pass allows for some greater goals to be placed on the list and allows more time to accomplish them!
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on your part).
Start Date: Monday, March 1, 2010
End Date: Monday, November 26, 2012
- Caity’s 101 Things in 1001 Days
Hire an immigration lawyer. Complete all the paperwork and actually be able to move to New Zealand. Take the leap and move to New Zealand. Get a job in New Zealand.
- Get residency status in New Zealand.
Find a place to live in New Zealand.
- Decorate our new place in New Zealand.
Make a new friend in New Zealand. Set up a recycling system in NZ. Pay back all debt that I feel I owe to my family. Pay back a debt to a friend.
- Save 3 month’s salaries for an emergency fund.
- Start saving for a house.
Lose the first 10 annoying pounds. Lose 25 more pounds.
- Lose the rest of the weight (at least 15, but up to 25).
Work out for 3 days a week for an entire month. (In hopes this will kick start me.)
- Run a mile.
Drink 8 glasses of water a day for a month! Do not eat any take out for an entire month.
- Stop biting my cheek as a nervous habit.
- Buy my own bicycle.
Wear a skirt again.
- Wear a bikini again.
- Put on makeup and wear it out somewhere.
Wear a form fitting dress again. Buy nail polish and paint my nails. Get a pedicure. Go on a vacation with Josh.
- Give a gift to Josh just because.
- Make a list of 101 reasons I love Josh.
- Write a children’s book.
- Write 10 poems. (2/10)
Read 30 books. (30/30) Watch 30 movies. (30/30) Try 10 new video games.
- Go see another Broadway play.
Watch to a cricket match.
- Go to another concert.
Beat a video game that I start.Mass Effect Finish watching every Stargate SG-1 episode again from start to finish.
- Music month! Find a new musical artist to add to my list of music every day for a month.
- Learn how to play chess.
- Go camping. Real camping.
- Sleep under the stars.
Go for a nature hike.
- Visit 5 museums. (2/5)
Volunteer. Get myself a new mp3 player for the gym when I’ve kept the 10 pounds off. Allow myself to get some new clothes when I lose the 25 pounds. Get an Amazon Kindle DX. Buy myself a few pieces of jewelry and start wearing jewelry again. Buy 5 things off etsy that I think are cute.
- Try at least 5 Photoshop photo editing tutorials in an attempt to improve my skills
- Blog every day for a month for at least 10 months.
- Host a giveaway on my blog.
Organize all of my computer’s folders and files. Properly tag all music files. Take a break from the internet for an entire weekend.
- Learn to knit.
- Knit at least 2 different things.
Learn to make 5 new kinds of friendship bracelets.
- Complete my Wreck This Journal.
Try 5 new restaurants.(5/5) Try 5 new foods.(5/5) Cook 25 new dinners.(25/25)
- Bake 10 new desserts. (3/10)
- Start a recipe book.
Host a party.
- Decorate the walls in my apartment.
- Have a successful garden.
- Make my own lightbox.
- Complete a sh1ft photo project.
- Complete a 50 in 50mm photo challenge.
- Participate in Macro Monday for a month.
- Complete a 365 photo challenge.
- Start a photoblog.
- Print and frame 10 of my photos.
Donate all clothes I don’t need or wear anymore to charity. Donate blood two times.
- Donate $10 to charity for each goal not completed at the end of 1001 days.
- Randomly pay for someone behind me in a drive-through line.
- Donate food to a food pantry.
- Get a dog.
- Make a list of 101 things that make me happy.
- Visit 5 places on Long Island I’ve never been before.
Keep my car clean for at least a month.
- Create a list of 101 things that make me happy.
Send a postcard through Post Crossing.(Proof) Spend a whole weekend with no technology.
- Hang a windchime in a random parking lot, just because.
- Send out Christmas cards on time to everyone (twice!) (1/2)
Get my own mp3 player and fill it with my favorite music.
- Hide an inspirational message in a library book.
- Look into starting my Master’s Degree.
Compliment a stranger who seems to be feeling sad (and really mean it). Go on a roadtrip with no predetermined destination! Private Inspire someone else to start a 101 in 1001 list.
- Create a new 101 in 1001 list.
THE 101 LIST